Sunday, November 11, 2007

Don't be Inept when it comes to Me pt.1



He's at my work.
He's at my work and I'm not there and they've called me to say he's lurking.Lusting.
It is a tragic little saturday night and there's the threat of the ice storm outside and he's out there. His windowless $300 car with his no registration/title/or license having self. Moping.
The wintery mix outside just adds to the cold, dark spot my heart
has taken refuge in.
It's been so long since he was sane.
I want to go out there, hold him.
Shake him into a fucked up, unreciprocated oblivion.
"I WANT YOU BACK!!"
I want to scream at the hollow, catatonic Not Him. I want to will him back to me, lead him to my waiting arms with a trail of anti-psychotics and prozac.
Is it love?
Is it Real Him, driven by love for me, sitting out in that piece of shit car, chainsmoking to the sounds of familiarity he associates with me?

I grab my motherfucking coat and leave my questions swirling behind me like the ghost of christmas past.

No comments: